Location: Kuala Lumpur
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 6th February 2018
In SLA Digital, the Senior Systems Integrator (SSI) is responsible for the design, implementation, support, and maintenance of the underlying product or solution infrastructure. This includes Operating Systems, Connectivity, Security, and Storage. As well as these physical attributes of the system, the Systems Integrator must design and plan for the efficient operation and support of the platform after commissioning by the customer.
- You will work as part of a team designing leading-edge telecommunications solutions for customers worldwide. As part of this team, you will be involved in all aspects of the full systems development lifecycle.
- As a Systems Integrator, you must:
- Fully understand the Solution Architecture and be able to translate that solution into deployment architecture
- Conduct customer workshops to align infrastructure requirements
- Provide feedback to Solution Architects and Project Managers on infrastructure and operations matters
- Work with other Engineers to implement your design
- Work with software teams to integrate application functionality
- Troubleshoot and analyse issues in the deployed systems
- Liaise with external vendors when required
- Review solution logs on a daily basis. Identify irregularities and action
- Provide on-call technical support
Qualifications & Experience:
- Expert in all aspects of Unix/Linux based operating systems (You must have solid hands-on experience and skills)
- Expert in the design of scalable systems architectures
- Experience in networking protocols, TCP/IP and associated protocols
- Experience designing and deploying infrastructure, preferably in a Telecommunications environment
- Thorough understanding of the security implications of systems design
- Understanding of key IT service operations principles
- Network design experience and IP allocation, firewall configuration etc.
- Experience with various database systems such as MySQL, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, S3, etc)
- Have an understanding of Automation, Continuous Integration and DevOps
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group
- Ability to travel within the Asia Pacific & Middle East regions
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing date.