Location: Kuala Lumpur
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 5th April 2019
SLA Digital operates at the leading edge of mobile telecommunications. We are continuously developing interesting solutions for Mobile Operators, which enable our customers to take their business in new and exciting directions.
At SLA Digital, the successful applicant will be responsible for the on-going engineering and development of our cloud-based digital services platform, Alacrity.
As a Senior Developer, you will be an integral part of a tightly knit hands-on team who, with many different skills and expertise, support each other in achieving any goal. You will design, build and deploy highly scalable software systems, written in Ruby and Java and you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and implement new features.
You will play a leading technical role in our product team and be given the opportunity to use all your individual skills to help design the future of mobile telecommunications.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 5+ years of solid Software Engineering experience.
- Must have experience in the principles of Object Oriented Design, as well as Software Design Patterns.
- Must have experience developing for high-availability production environments.
- Experience in RDBMS as well as NoSql databases.
- Experience in operating system internals, networking and file systems.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) an advantage.
- Good understanding of web development.
- Strong knowledge of internet communication protocols (HTTP).
- Must have an understanding of developing in both Unix/Linux environments.
Technology Experience (some but not all required)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English).
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple concepts.
- Ability to interact with both commercial and technical teams.
- Ability to translate architecture concepts into clean code design.