What to Expect at The GSMA Mobile World Congress 2020 Barcelona
12 February 2020
Heading to the GSMA MWC 2020 in Barcelona from 24-27th February 2020? Here’s what to expect!
The Largest Mobile Event in The World
The GSMA represents the collective interests of mobile operators globally. MWC 2020 brings together the most influential visionaries, paired with the latest innovations and cutting-edge technology:
- 109,000 attendees from 198 different countries and territories
- 59% of attendees hold senior-level positions
- 3,640 international media and industry analysts
- 1 million+ business meetings – more than any other industry event
- 2,400 leading companies and exhibitors including Nokia, BMW, Facebook, Google and Microsoft
Intelligent Connectivity – AI, Big Data, IoT and 5G
MWC’s conference programme assembles “today’s visionaries to explore the hottest topics influencing the industry.”
DAY ONE – Monday 24th February
GSMA RCS Business Messaging Seminar: Intelligent Messaging, Limitless Possibilities – 12.00pm – 2.00pm
- Consumers are driving digital transformation. Hear from key players in the industry who will discuss the current state of play of RCS and the Business Messaging market. Allowing customers to interact with all brands in one place.
Keynote 3: 5G Pioneers – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- The arrival of 5G has created a buzz with its technology and limitless possibilities, however, the ability to monetise use cases at scale and justify a nationwide rollout of 5G in any country today, remains unclear.
DAY TWO – Tuesday 25th February
Keynote 5: Delivering Industry X – 9.00am – 10.40am
- Key players across different sectors discuss how they are delivering on the potential of industry X, the value chain, and using a blend of technologies including 5G, big data, AI and more.
GSMA Mobile Identity Seminar: Enabling the digital world – 11.30am – 1.30pm
- An extensive report around digital identity and the pivotal role it plays underpinning the digital transformation.
DAY THREE – Wednesday 26th February
Xside: The Era of E-sports – 11.55am – 12.20pm
- Find out why E-sports will be the next frontier for big scale entertainment.
DAY FOUR – Thursday 27th February
Keynote 8: The Next Innovators – 9.30am – 10.45am
- What’s the next big thing? Learn from the leaders of the tomorrow, thinking years ahead to transform the way we live through technology, with connectivity at the core.
Gaming: Future Tech – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- Find out what is next in gaming. Learn from gamers and ecosystems players about the latest technologies and how they are transforming the gaming industry.
5G and Beyond
Summed up, MWC 20 will explore intelligent, limitless connectivity:
“As new 5G rolls out, so possibilities become reality. And by connecting everyone to everything, across every industry these opportunities are without limits.”
As technologies are only going to continue to advance and possibilities grow, now is a great time to consider how SLA Digital can help you unlock the potential of new markets through mobile payments and identity. For more information contact us today.